Helpful Dental Information Stuart, FL
At Anthony DeLucia D.D.S., P.A., we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our patients have the tools and resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing, preventative dental care. It also requires education so that you become aware of your dental solutions and what you can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we provide some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (772) 492-7045.
Q & A: Common Dental Questions
- Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
- We often recommend dental implants as a tooth replacement solution because it is the only solution that replaces both the missing root and tooth. However, in order to qualify for dental implants you need to have sufficient density in your jawbone along with healthy gums. If you do not, you may need to consider a bone graft or a hybrid solution. We can let you know for sure after an examination is conducted in our Stuart dental office.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety is an issue that more people deal with than some realize. If you are afraid of visiting the dentist or have extreme anxiety and worry when it is time to have dental work done, let us know. There are sedation options that can help you to relax and medication that can keep you comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Does Invisalign® Really Work
- Yes, clear aligners can straighten your teeth and give you a beautiful smile. They work by surrounding your teeth and placing pressure on specific ones. By switching your aligners out with a new one in the series, your teeth will continue to move into position until they are perfectly straight. To learn more, call our Stuart, FL dental office and schedule a consultation.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If you have lost teeth, you are not alone. The majority of adults will lose at least one permanent tooth. We can provide you with a variety of solutions that include dentures, a dental bridge, and dental implants. All three are an effective way to restore your smile and give you the ability to eat and speak clearly. However, there are distinct advantages to each procedure. To find out which one would work best for you, call 772-492-7045.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Anthony DeLucia D.D.S., P.A., we are passionate about patient education and will take time to show you how to brush and floss properly when you visit our dental office. We recommend that you brush your teeth two to three times a day using a fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your teeth clean and healthy when also combined with daily flossing. You should still visit our Stuart office for a professional teeth cleaning twice per year.
- Post-Op Care for Dental Implants
- After receiving dental implants, your gums will be sore for around a week. You can help to ease the swelling and discomfort using an icepack and ibuprofen. During this time, you should eat soft foods only and be careful not to irritate your gums in any way. You need to keep them clean so we may provide you with a medicated rinse to help do so. Once the gums have healed, you can return to a semi-normal diet, though you should avoid anything too hard or crunchy for a couple of weeks.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments for children and potentially – dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of you and your children developing cavities. At Anthony DeLucia D.D.S., P.A., we can create a preventative dental care plan for you and your family.
- Questions to Ask at Your Dental Implants Consultation
- Make sure you ask us about the procedure and recovery process. By learning everything about the process, you will know what to expect and be better prepared for it. You should also ask if the dentist recommends that you have every one of your missing teeth replaced with an implant or if a hybrid solution would be better for you.
- The Dental Implant Procedure
- In the dental implant procedure, a titanium post is implanted under the gums and secured to the jawbone. Over the course of a few months, the process of osseointegration will take place and the jawbone will become fused with the implant. Once done, the jawbone will provide the same level of stability to the new tooth that it did to the natural one.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Stuart
For more helpful dental information, read our website or call (772) 492-7045 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Anthony DeLucia. At Anthony DeLucia D.D.S., P.A. we will be happy to answer any questions you have about oral health from our Stuart dental office.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
We can answer all questions and schedule a consultation to help find the best treatment for one's teeth.We offer helpful dental information such as the fact that you need to floss before brushing for any real effect. The flossing releases food particles from between teeth that the brush cleans up.Helpful Dental InformationAt Anthony DeLucia D.D.S.,…
Give us a call for more information and to schedule an appointment for a cleaning at our dental office.Our dental office provides the treatment patients need, while in a comfortable atmosphere. We ensure our patients leave with healthy teeth and the knowledge to maintain the healthy teeth. Schedule an appointment today.Dental OfficeAt Anthony DeLucia D.D.S.,…
Without proper care, candy can greatly damage your teeth. Schedule a dental checkup to keep your teeth healthyIf it is time for a dental checkup or you have not had one in the last six months, give us a call. We won't judge you and truly only care about keeping your teeth healthy. Schedule your…
Keep your smile shining bright with oral hygiene basics and regular checkups at our dental office.We will go over oral hygiene basics during a cleaning and examination to ensure that the patient knows how to keep proper hygiene at home. Dental care at home is crucial for healthy and clean teeth.Oral Hygiene BasicsAt Anthony DeLucia…